I'm off!

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

I have been waiting for today for awhile because now I am officially on vacation! I'm so excited to have some real time off.

Tomorrow we're leaving bright and early, dropping off Mr. Claudius at daycare, and heading down to the Cape to go SCUBA diving with one of my oldest (as in, known the longest) friends. I'm so excited - I love SCUBA diving. It's like a totally different world, and you get to see some really incredible things.

We have been lucky to dive some really cool dive sites - a whole bunch of wrecks (Spiegel Grove, Chester Polling, Jane Sea, Antilla, a couple airplanes, among others), a bunch of reefs, and have even dived with harbor seals. We have seen all kinds of cool animals - harbor seals, giant groupers, enormous manta rays, small sting rays, nurse sharks, sea turtles, and all kinds of cool fish.

After diving tomorrow, we'll probably relax a bit (diving is surprisingly tiresome; I'm always exhausted afterwards), and then Mr. Snail is heading home, and I'm staying at my friend's house, because he and I are going to the beach on Saturday! I'm super excited, and I hope the weather cooperates. We're going my favorite beach ever - there are sandbars all over the place, and the water is fairly shallow, so you can go pretty far out. It's especially nice at low tide.

So I'll be back at some point over the weekend. Enjoy yours!

The wreck of the YS-11, an Air Aruba plane that was purposely sunk (Aruba)
Our dive guide on the deck of the Jane Sea (Aruba)

The view of our boat from below (Key Largo, FL)
A huge starfish and a tiny starfish, at 80 feet (Gloucester, MA)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP